Megalinear open length timing belts are manufactured in thermoplastic polyurethane that gives superior wear and abrasion resistance. Various grades of steel cords offer good running characteristics, even with high tractive loads.
Manufactured to tight tolerances, Megalinear delivers reliability and excellent dimensional stability. The addition of a Nylon coating on the tooth and/or the back of the belt during production enhances the running properties for specific applications. An extra thickness of polyurethane is also possible on the back of the belt, offering extra protection against aggressive or heavy products.
- Consistent dimensional stability
- Low pre-tension
- Low noise
- High abrasion resistance
- Low maintenance
- High flexibility
- Linear speeds up to 80 m/sec
- High precision linear positioning
- Good resistance to aging, hydrolysis, UVA rays, ozone
- Working temperature: -25 °C to +80 °C (up to +110 °C for short periods)
- High resistance to oils, fats, and greases
- Good resistance to most acids and Alkalis
- Compatible for fabrication with other thermoplastic materials