Megapower timing belts are manufactured by a unique thermoset molding process. The high-grade polyurethane gives excellent abrasion and shear resistance, combined with a variety of graded steel cords, ensuring high strength and tractive resistance. The result is a timing belt with excellent dimensional stability. Megapower molded timing belts are manufactured to a tight tolerance range, which assures consistent length and thickness.
The combination of these factors results in Megapower performing to the highest physical and chemical levels. Special compounds and cords have to be tested and homologated on the application.
Megapower PU belts are suitable for high power, precision motion, and control even with high speed. They perform especially well on light synchronized and stepped drives, in office automation, and domestic appliance applications.
- Consistent dimensional stability
- Low pre-tension
- Low noise
- High abrasion resistance
- Low maintenance
- High flexibility
- Linear speeds up to 80 m/sec
- Good resistance to aging, hydrolysis, UVA rays, Ozone
- Working temperature: -25 °C to +80 °C (up to +110 °C for short periods)
- High resistance to oils, fats, and greases
- Good resistance to most acids and Alkalis